So, my pastor Trey Herweck suggested that I complete this assessment called StrengthsFinder 2.0. I actually completed it yesterday morning. And while I wasn’t surprised by the results, I did come away from the assessment feeling (1) encouraged that I’m not a complete idiot for being so entrepreneurial minded and (2) a renewed sense of urgency and desire in pursuing my dreams.
My Top 5 Strengths:
- Futuristic – People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
- Restorative – People who are especially talented in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
- Connectedness – People who are especially talented in the Connectedness theme have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few coincidences and that almost every event has a reason.
- Analytical – People who are especially talented in the Analytical theme search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.
- Intellection – People who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
The Futurist and Analytical strengths have encouraged my entrepreneurial desires, but this has also shown me that I need to find a good partner or two to complement me and help me put my vision into practice. The Restorative and Connectedness strengths confirm that HR is a good place for me, but combined with my other strengths I would serve a more useful purpose in a corporate HR role rather than a hands-on HR role as I have now (which is probably why I’m so dissatisfied with my job). Lastly, the Intellection strength explains why I feel so energized when I can put some time into just thinking about stuff… and why I enjoy writing my thoughts down.
So, do you agree with these results?